IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
IOMS is Recruiting!
- IS Professor Anindya Ghose's paper Mobile Crowdsensing wins Best Track Paper and the Best Overall Conference Paper Award at the 2014 AMA conference.
- OM Professor Wenqiang Xiao's paper, Subsidizing the Distribution Channel, was accepted by Management Science.
- IS Professor Arun Sundararajan received a 2014 IBM Faculty Award, which will support his work at NYU's Center for Urban Science and Progress.
- In June, the Vienna Workshop on Economic Theory was held on Rational Expectations Equilibrium in honor of IS Professor Roy Radner.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
Vasant Dhar, IS Group Head
René Caldentey, OM Group Head
Peter Lakner, Statistics Group Head
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Fall 2014 Course Highlight
Professor Hardeep Johar
The class will focus on giving students a working knowledge of programming languages and software design methodologies. Students will learn how large and small scale computer applications work, and how to build working prototypes to illustrate and market their own ideas.