IOMS Groups: Information Systems • Operations Management • Statistics
The Department of Information, Operations & Management Sciences (IOMS) is home to faculty whose research style is analytical or technology-based.
The IOMS faculty have a well known reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Their research focuses in areas such as big data, outsourcing and offshoring, online advertising, mining social media content and social networks, revenue management and pricing, stochastic processing systems, long memory time series, categorical data analysis, and strategic analysis of global warming.
- IS Professor Anindya Ghose chosen among the top 40-under-40 business school professors.
- Statistics Professor Jeffrey Simonoff and his co-editors present a new SAGE Handbook on multilevel modeling.
- IS Professor Arun Sundararajan named in Analytics Week’s Top 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data and Analytics.
- OM doctoral student Xuan Wang is awarded first prize in the 2013 MSOM Paper Competition.
Department LeadershipAlex Tuzhilin, Chair
Ed Melnick, Deputy Chair
Vasant Dhar, IS Group Head
René Caldentey, OM Group Head
Peter Lakner, Statistics Group Head
- Business Analytics (formerly Data, Models & Decisions)
- Management of Technology and Operations Specialization
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Systems & Analytics
- Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing Specialization
Upcoming EventsFollow the links below for more information and to register:
Crowds 2.0: New Frontiers in Crowdfunding + Crowd sourcing
Center for Business Analytics
May 9th, 2014
Symposium on Recent Advances in Multilevel Modeling
IOMS and NYU Steinhardt
May 30th, 2014