The Center for Business and Human Rights was launched in March 2013 with a strong belief in the power of business to create positive change in society. In that spirit, the Center’s mission is to challenge and empower companies and future business leaders to make practical progress on human rights.
Across business sectors, companies operate in an increasingly globalized environment and are confronting human rights challenges such as:
- free expression and privacy rights online
- workers' rights in manufacturing facilities
- child labor in agriculture
- community security in the extractive industry
- socially responsible investing