The Impact of AI and Blockchain and New Technologies on Accounting, Financial Reporting, and Business
Monday, October 29, 2018
4:00PM - 6:00PM Roundtable Discussion
6:00PM - 7:00PM Networking Reception
Overview & CPE Information | Registration Link
The Ross Institute of Accounting Research at NYU’s Stern School of Business is hosting a Roundtable on the impact of new technologies, such AI, Blockchain, Big Data, and Machine Learning on accounting, financial reporting, and business more generally. These new technologies have been the topic of seemingly endless discussion and press coverage, and they have the potential to transform business and society. It has been suggested that Blockchain may be the biggest innovation in financial record-keeping since double-entry bookkeeping over 500 years ago.
The Roundtable will consist of brief presentations from a panel of experts from financial institutions, public accounting, and academia to debate the key issues related to the impact of the new technologies. A networking reception with hors d’oeuvres will follow.
- Abhishek Biswas, Corporate Vice President/Director, New York Life Insurance Company
- Charles Hwang, Managing Partner, Lightning Capital
- Ryan Lazanis, CEO, Xen Accounting
- Baruch Lev, Philip Bardes Professor of Accounting and Finance, NYU Stern
- Elizabeth Paul, Partner, PwC
- Alexander Perry, Executive Director, EY
- Joyce Shen, Investment Director, Tenfore Holdings
- David Yermack, Albert Fingerhut Professor of Finance and Business Transformation, NYU Stern