Computing and Data Science
For course descriptions, prerequisites and course scheduling options, please review the Course Index.
Concentrate in Computing and Data Science
Computing and Data Science Program Requirements (12 units)
|Students who choose to pursue a Computing & Data Science (CDS) concentration must take four information systems INFO-UB electives, in addition to the required core course, INFO-UB 1 (Information Technology in Business and Society).|
|Four (4) Computing and Data Science Electives (12 units)||Any INFO-UB elective or approved course (see below).|
Additional courses approved to count as Computer & Data Science electives:
|Decision Models & Analytics||MULT-UB 7|
|Decision Making Under Uncertainty||MULT-UB 16|
|Foundations in Fintech||MULT-UB 80|
|Decision Analytics for Sports||OPMG-UB 54|
|Regression and Multivariate Data Analysis||STAT-UB 17|
- Students may also import one (and only one) non-Stern computer science elective:
- CSCI-UA 2 (Introduction to Programming (Python) can be imported. However, this class cannot be counted together with INFO-UB 23 towards the requirements for the concentration, as they have substantial overlap.
- CSCI-UA 102 (Data Structures) can be imported as it does not overlap in content with other Stern courses.
- Other Computer Science courses with permission of the faculty adviser.
- CSCI-UA 4 (Introduction to Web Design and Computer Principles) does not count towards the Computing & Data Science concentration.
- Juniors and seniors may also register for selected MBA courses if these courses do not have an equivalent undergraduate course. The permission of the Undergraduate Advising Office is required.
- A Stern elective course may satisfy only one concentration requirement (e.g., Decision Models and Analytics can count toward the Operations concentration requirement OR as an advanced C&SD elective, but it cannot satisfy both requirements)