University of Amsterdam: Approved Courses
- IBEX COURSE INFORMATION
- You may take a full semester of business classes while abroad on IBEX. However, we advise you have room for at least two electives for planning purposes
- Reference the IBEX Course Guide: What you can or cannot take!
- You can take a maximum of two classes per concentration
- Accounting courses cannot be taken for credit toward the Accounting or CPA majors/concentrations
- All IBEX courses will transfer back to NYU Stern as Pass/Fail
- PREVIOUSLY APPROVED COURSES
- Listed below are courses that have been approved and were taken previously by Stern IBEX students.
- *You are not limited to taking the courses listed on this page!* See below for how to find additional courses.
- There is no guarantee that the courses listed here will be offered during the specific semester you study abroad. It is important to be flexible - have a Plan A and Plan B and the space to take some electives.
- FINDING NEW COURSES
- If you see a course on Amsterdam's website that you would like to take, but it is not listed below, you must submit the syllabus to Stern’s International Exchanges & Special Programs team for approval.
- Once Amsterdam publishes its confirmed courses for the semester you will be attending, you can revise your list as needed based on what is actually being offered.
- Please refer to the IBEX Course Guide when selecting courses.
- SPECIAL NOTES
- If you are accepted to IBEX, you will attend individual Academic Advising sessions with the International Programs team to plan and revise your schedule.
- If a course is already listed here as approved, it does not need to be reviewed again, unless you want to see if it will count towards a new requirement.
*Please note: Amsterdam's courses run in blocks as follows:
Late August to late December: Bock 1 = 8 weeks and Bloc 2 = 8 weeks *(Block 3 is 4 weeks but takes place in January)
Early February to early June: Bock 1 = 8 weeks and Bloc 2 = 8 weeks *(Block 3 is 4 weeks but takes place in late June)
*If students finish a full time course load (minimum 24-30 Amsterdam credits/minimum 4-5 classes) in the first two blocks of the semester they are allowed to return home earlier and not take courses in Block 3. However housing lease contracts cannot be shortened and cover (almost) the entire semester.