Departmental ValuesAs a department, we adhere to a core set of values and beliefs that reflects both our diversity and our common interests.
These core values and beliefs are as follows:
- We value both disciplinary-based and interdisciplinary training and research.
- We value interdisciplinary curiosity about organizations and willingness to learn about and contribute to areas of management outside one’s core area of expertise.
- We value, and seek to create, a culture of respect for different perspectives and opinions.
- We believe that managers can and do affect the strategic direction of firms and we are interested in a better understanding of issues related to strategic management.
- We believe it is important to consider the role of the organizational context in affecting behavior in, of, and among organizations.
- We share an interest in understanding the dynamics of organizational processes.
The Management & Organizations Department welcomes two new faculty members:
- Sinziana Dorobantu
- Nicholas Hays
- Belen Villalonga