Management & Organizations Department
The Management Department encompasses four areas of study: Organizational Behavior (OB), Organizational Theory (OT), Strategy, and Entrepreneurship.
– Departmental Values
- We value both disciplinary-based and interdisciplinary training and research.
- We value interdisciplinary curiosity about organizations and willingness to learn about and contribute to areas of management outside one’s core area of expertise.
- We value, and seek to create, a culture of respect for different perspectives and opinions.
- We believe that managers can and do affect the strategic direction of firms and we are interested in a better understanding of issues related to strategic management.
- We believe it is important to consider the role of the organizational context in affecting behavior in, of, and among organizations.
- We share an interest in understanding the dynamics of organizational processes.
Featured Faculty: Dolly Chugh
"We've all grown up in a culture with media images, news images, conversations at home, and education. Think of that as a fog for our whole life."
Are we unconsciously biased? Professor Dolly Chugh recently appeared in The New York Times "Who, Me? Biased?" video segment that speaks on implicit bias, or the bias in judgement and/or behavior that results from subtle cognitive processes.
Click here to view more.
Contact UsTisch Hall, 7th Floor
40 West Fourth Street
New York, NY 10012
Faculty in the News
- Prof. Melissa Schilling strategizes possible in her Strategy with a Social Purpose course.
- Prof. J.P. Eggers comments on Mark Zuckerberg's ranking on the Forbes 2017 Billionaires List.
- Prof. Robert Salomon discusses Trump administration's proposed corporate tax cuts.
- Prof. Deepak Hedge's joint-research on patent applications featured.
- Prof. Pankaj Ghemawat discusses Brexit's potential economic impact.
- Prof. Robert Seamans on the impact of robots and wages.
More Management News
Faculty Awards & Announcements
- Rob Salomon's: Global Vision recently named in "Best Business Books of 2016" (Strategy + Business Magazine)
- Gino Cattani is now Deputy Senior Editor for Organization Science.
- Lisa Leslie receives Reviewer of the Year Award from the Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Sinziana Dorobantu awarded Dale E. Zand Best Paper Award in Management.
- Melissa Schilling appointed to the American Antitrust Institute Advisory Board.