- Per course refunds do not apply to full-time students who pay “flat rate tuition fee”.
- For a refund schedule for complete Withdrawals, see the Refund Schedule & Policy page
- Langone students taking DAY CLASSES, please click on the following link to see the individual class refund date for 100% tuition and registration & service fees: Refund and Withdrawal Dates
- Incoming students must notify NYU Stern that they no longer plan to enroll by the following deadline in order to still receive a Launch/Orientation fee refund: August 1, 2016.
- The Business Writing, Math and Accounting Workshop fee is refundable if you drop prior to the start of each workshop.
Refund PolicyStudents who drop their courses during the above stated schedule periods will be refunded according to the stated refund percentage. The “effective date” of any drop or withdrawal is the date the student completed the request on-line, in person (add/drop form done at the Office of Records and Registration) by fax (date on fax:  995-4424) or by mail (postmark date). Please refer to the Tuition Refund Schedule to determine the refund you will receive.
The difference between a “Drop” and a “Withdrawal” is:
- A Drop is done during the refund period (see the Tuition Refund Schedule) and the course is deleted from the transcript.
- A Withdrawal is done after the refund period (see the Tuition Refund Schedule) and the course appears on the transcript with a non-credit grade of “W”. There is no refund for a withdrawal and students will have to pay for the additional credits they must take to make up for the “W”.
Email your appeal to the MBA Academic Policy Board at http://www.stern.nyu.edu/AcademicAffairs/Policies/index.htm