As a NYU Non-Stern student (other than those in dual-degree programs) you can take up to six credits per term, but you must register through your division program advisor. Reservations for Summer 2019 will be accepted from April 12 through May 22 for Summer I classes and through July 6 for Summer II classes.
Please be aware that some core classes are restricted.
Non-Stern students may not audit Stern MBA classes.
Course Registration Procedure
- The Summer 2019 Course Schedule
Real-time updates of Stern course info is found on the Stern website, not Albert. You can search by department or print the entire schedule.
- Requisite Satisfaction
Your advisor may confirm course requisite satisfaction through one of the following:
- Coursework - passed Stern requisite coursework or an approved equivalent.
- Degree - earned an Undergraduate Major or Master's degree in the requisite subject.
- License – obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. The CFA designation and other professional experience do not satisfy any requisites. Please note, this only applies to courses with a COR1-GB.1306 Financial Accounting & Reporting prerequisite.
- Exam – passed requisite Stern Proficiency Exam. Advisors can schedule an exam date for their students by emailing email@example.com.
- Cross Registration Form
Submit the form to your academic advisor for certification of all course and requisite information. The advisor should then communicate your request to Stern. You do not need approval from a Stern Academic Advisor.
- Stern Approval
If a seat is available in the class, you will be notified by your advisor. You will need to complete your registration through Albert within 2 weeks of approval date.
- Stern Account Activation
Students automatically get a Stern account after registering; this account must be activated in order to access Stern class resources.