As a NYU Non-Stern student (other than those in dual-degree programs) you can take up to six credits per term, but you must register through your division program advisor. Reservations for Summer 2015 will be accepted from April 10 through May 12 (Summer I classes) and June 27 (Summer II classes).
Please be aware that some core classes are restricted.
All students enrolled in Stern graduate courses must adhere to Stern's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct along with the default policies for Stern courses.
If you are not registered on Albert by the end of the registration period, you will be automatically dropped from the class.
Non-Stern students may not audit Stern MBA classes.
Course Registration Procedure
- The Summer 2015 Course Schedule
Real-time updates of Stern course info is found on the Stern website, not Albert. You can search by department or print the entire schedule.
- Requisite Satisfaction
Your advisor may confirm course requisite satisfaction through one of the following:
- Coursework - passed Stern requisite coursework or an approved equivalent.
- Degree - earned an Undergraduate Major or Master's degree in the requisite subject.
- License – obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. The CFA designation and other professional experience do not satisfy any requisites.
- Exam – passed requisite Stern Proficiency Exam. Schedule an exam date by emailing email@example.com.
- Cross Registration Form
Submit the form to your academic advisor for certification of requisites and communication of your request to Stern. You do not need approval from a Stern Academic Advisor.
- Permission Codes
If a seat is available in the class, your advisor will be given the permission code. You will need this code to register through Albert.
- Stern Account Activation
Students automatically get a Stern account after registering; this account must be activated in order to access Stern class resources.