EQ EndorsementThe EQ Endorsement is a unique element of the NYU Stern application. IQ+EQ is a core value of NYU Stern, and we seek exceptional individuals who possess both intellectual and interpersonal strengths. Emotional intelligence (EQ) skills such as self-awareness, empathy, communication and self-management are at the core of our community of leaders.
Choosing Your Endorser
- You are required to submit one EQ Endorsement with your application.
- The endorsement must be from someone who knows you personally and/or professionally and can act as a persuasive advocate of your EQ strengths.
- Immediate family members should not write your EQ Endorsement.
EQ Endorsement Question
Your EQ endorser will be provided with a definition of IQ + EQ and why it is important at NYU Stern, and will be asked to respond to the following prompt:
Please provide one specific and compelling example to demonstrate the applicant’s emotional intelligence. (250 word maximum)
Endorsements must be submitted online
- If your endorser cannot submit an online endorsement, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the circumstances and request approval for your endorser to submit a paper endorsement.
- As the EQ endorsement is a new component of the application, we recognize that some applicants may inadvertently send a Professional Recommendation form to an EQ endorser or an EQ Endorsement form to someone writing a professional recommendation. The Admissions Committee will move forward with its review of your application using the forms submitted. Please note that this is an update to our application instructions.