Share / Print

International Student Supplement

The International Student Supplement must be completed in full by all non-U.S. citizens, including non-resident aliens (those holding F, J or trainee visas) and foreign government officials. U.S. Permanent Residents are not required to complete the International Student Supplement. 

The International Student Supplement is divided into three sections:

1. Visa status
  • If you are currently in the U.S., list the type of visa you hold and the name of your sponsor. 
  • Part-time study via the part-time MBA program does not provide student visa eligibility.

2. Funding
  • To obtain a student visa for full-time study, you must demonstrate the ability to pay for your entire first year of study in the U.S. You also will be required to indicate the source(s) of funding for your second year. The funding section of the International Student Supplement helps you start preparing for the visa application process by encouraging you to plan your finances early. Even if you cannot fully support your first year, please indicate your sources of partial funding. For visa purposes, you should not include potential merit scholarships or loans as sources of funding. However, international students are considered for merit scholarships.

3. Permanent Foreign Address
  • All universities in the U.S. must comply with the SEVIS database created by the U.S. Federal Government. All non-U.S. Citizens must provide a permanent international address. If the mailing address you provided in Personal Information Part I is different from your permanent address in your country of citizenship, please provide your permanent address in the International Student Supplement. The address cannot include a Post Office box.

The information provided in the International Student Supplement does not impact your admission to NYU Stern.