The NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business develops and disseminates original research, targeted at improving uptake and performance of sustainable practices in key industries and addressing the key roadblocks to embedded sustainability. Research objectives are to:
Original Research at NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
- Monetize the financial case for sustainability.
- Disrupt short-term thinking and refocus companies and investors on long-term value creation.
- Effectively engage consumers around sustainability with a new marketing paradigm
- Identify how ESG data analytics and algorithms affect ESG behavior and the financial system.
- Evaluate business opportunities that emerge when solving ESG challenges.
- Scale sustainability actions to system-level transformations, redefining capitalism.
- Provide people with best-in-class guidance on how to embed sustainability in their business.
Our Sustainability Monetization Methodology identifies sustainability drivers of financial performance and competitive advantage and monetizes the benefits of sustainable practices. It can be used by any type or size of business as well as investors to better understand the ROI on sustainability and improve decision-making.
Our Methodology: Making The Business Case For Sustainability
Learn more about the CSB Monetization Methodology.