Social Impact CurriculumThe Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching named two of our Social Impact courses as models for the undergraduate business education. The Social Impact Curriculum is a four-course sequence beginning freshman year with our Business and its Publics course, which combines lectures with small group discussion sections to introduce you to the interconnections between business, society, markets, politics, art, culture, and life. Distinguished Business and its Publics speakers have included:
- Dan Doctoroff, CEO and President, Bloomberg, LP.
- Steve Forbes, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, Forbes Media
- Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO, Women's World Banking
- Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Acumen
- Maria Bartiromo, Television Journalist, Columnist, Author, and Host and Managing Editor of On the Money with Maria Bartiromo
- Edward Bernard, Director, Vice Chairman of the Board, and Vice President, T. Rowe Price Group
- Cory Booker, Senator and former Mayor, Newark, NJ
- Fred Krupp, President, Environmental Defense Fund
Papa Yaw Sencherey (BS '20)
"The Social Impact Core has genuinely changed how I view the world and prompted me to focus my talents on social change."