Research Center Events
Volatility Institute, DTCC Host Conference: "Managing Counterparty & Systemic Risk Under Dodd-Frank"
On Wednesday, November 17, 2010, more than 100 financial, academic and regulatory representatives participated in the conference, "Managing Counterparty and Systemic Risk Under Dodd-Frank," co-hosted by NYU Stern's Volatility Institute and the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC).
Read the conference press release
NYU Stern Nobel Laureate Professor Robert Engle presented on the systemic risks posed by central counterparties (CCPs) under Dodd-Frank. He warned conference attendees that some of the new measures under Dodd-Frank, such as requiring the use of CCPs for OTC derivatives transactions, may create new systemic risks while reducing old ones.
- View Professor Engle's full presentation
- Learn more about The NYU Stern Systemic Risk Rankings, an aid to regulators to monitor which firms are potentially the most systemically risky to the financial system
- Learn more about "Regulating Wall Street," a newly published book by 40 Stern academics that provides a definitive analysis and offers solutions to address the flaws in the Dodd-Frank Act
- View Professor Duffie's full presentation and proposal
- Read the full conference agenda
- Find out more about NYU Stern's Volatility Institute