The Office of Student Engagement is committed to building and strengthening an environment that supports inclusion, diversity, belonging, and equity (IDBE). We believe that these values are essential as we support students by creating spaces in which innovation and growth thrive, shaping a more vibrant institution, and offering a stronger, more relevant business education for our student body.
OSE strives to foster a community culture that empowers students with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and creates space for students to learn from each other while building inclusive networks and relationships. Our dedication to IDBE is woven into our three focus areas: Student Life, Global and Experiential Education. As a whole, our department aspires to the following unifying commitments:
- to serve as a voice within the administration to amplify student questions, concerns, and ideas around race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability status, socio-economic status, ethnicity, religion, and other identities
- to partner with students to build a community culture that champions IDBE
- to prioritize IDBE considerations when evaluating and developing new programs, initiatives, or partnerships, both internal and external
- to espouse anti-racism in our work and our support of the student body
- to continuously pursue opportunities to evolve and improve our knowledge and expertise as a support system and advocates