Social Impact Curriculum
Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Acumen, speaking on March 10, 2014 to Stern freshmen on the topic of "Business, Sustainability and Poverty" as part of the Business and Its Publics course.
The Social Impact curriculum is a four-course sequence beginning freshman year with our Business and its Publics course, which combines lectures with small group discussion sections to introduce you to the interconnections between business, society, markets, politics, art, culture, and life. Distinguished Business and its Publics speakers from 2014 include:
- Dan Doctoroff, CEO and President, Bloomberg, L.P.
- Steve Forbes, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, Forbes Media
- Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO, Women’s World Banking
- Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Acumen
- Maria Bartiromo, Television Journalist, Columnist, Author, and Host and Managing Editor of On the Money with Maria Bartiromo
- Edward Bernard, Director, Vice Chairman of the Board, and Vice President, T. Rowe Price Group
- Cory Booker, Mayor, Newark NJ
- Fred Krupp, President, Environmental Defense Fund