Stern International VolunteersThe Stern International Volunteers Program, an important component of NYU Stern’s Social Impact co-curricular programming, offers freshmen, sophomores and juniors the opportunity to travel to a developing country for 10 days in the spring to serve the needs of local communities. Through this program students gain a heightened inter-cultural awareness while deepening their commitment to community service.
As part of the program, students took a 2-credit pass/fail discussion-based course focused on:
- global economic development with an emphasis on poverty;
- Peruvian culture and history;
- an exploration of responsibilities and opportunity for impact; and
- the role of business as an agent for social change.
- broaden students’ understanding of the world and its economic disparities;
- deepen students’ commitment to community service;
- heighten students’ social and inter-cultural awareness; and
- influence students’ perspectives on the world as they become future business leaders.