Stern's real estate courses are housed within its finance department, examining valuation, appraisal, investment and risk and return elements in commercial real estate financing. The curriculum gives students the freedom to focus on both the real estate finance and the real estate development aspects of the field.
Combine a strong curriculum with access to one of the most vibrant real estate markets in the world
Selected Real Estate Employers of NYU Stern MBAs
|Ackman Ziff |
EMMES Asset Management
|Jones Lang LaSalle |
PodcastsHear more about the Real Estate career path from Tom Catherwood, Tom McKinley, and David Weinstock:
The Stern Real Estate Club
Networking for Real Estate
Interviewing for Real Estate Finance
The Center for Real Estate Finance Research at NYU Stern aims to foster thought leadership in real estate finance, to support the teaching mission of the school to produce future leaders in the real estate industry and to promote dialogue with our alumni and industry leaders in the field. Key Center initiatives include:
Center for Real Estate Finance Research
- The Executive in Residence Program, which brings together Stern students and senior leaders in the field of real estate.
- The Career Mentor Program, which pairs Stern students specializing in real estate with an industry leader.
- The Real Estate Symposium, which brings together thought leaders and senior executives from the field for a half-day event. This year's speakers included executives from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Freddie Mac, JP Morgan and ARMOUR Residential REIT.
Student ClubsStern Real Estate Club
Graduate Finance Association
Approved classes at NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate:
Related Electives at Other NYU Graduate Schools
- Commercial Lease Analysis
- The Development Process
- International Real Estate
- Real Estate Valuation and Analysis
- Seminar in Valuation and Analysis