Make a lasting impression on the Stern community… Be a Student Speaker!
NYU Stern’s special MS ceremony for the Class of 2024 will feature a student speaker. All students meeting graduation requirements for the May 2024 ceremony are eligible.
To be considered, students must submit the following items to the MS Convocation Speaker Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm ET on Monday, January 22:
- Full name, degree program, and Net ID
- Written copy of the full speech AND video file in .h264, .mp4, or .mov format of the 2-3 minute speech (length is non-negotiable) using a private Google Drive, YouTube or Vimeo (see filming tips)*
- A signed digital copy of the Student Speaker Declaration of Originality and No Deviation Clause
- Phone number where we can reach you
Candidates who advance to the second round of auditions will have an opportunity to audition in-person (preferably) before the MS Convocation Speaker Selection Committee on the following dates and times. Video submissions will be reviewed again for candidates who are unable to travel to campus for the in-person audition:
- Monday, February 5 from 5:00-6:30pm (KMC 3-90): Day 1 Auditions
(Note: we will do our best to schedule auditions at the beginning of this period and end early)
- Tuesday, February 6 from 12:30-2:30pm (KMC 5-90) Day 2 Auditions
When submitting your speech, please include your time availability for one of the audition dates listed above (i.e., "I am available from 5:00 - 6:30 pm on Monday"), or provide an explanation as to why you’re unable to attend the in-person auditions. If selected to advance to round two, you will be contacted by the Public Affairs office with your in-person audition time and location.
Remarks could touch on any number of themes but work best when universal ideas are brought to life with personal experience. These themes might touch on:
- How has Stern equipped you with the skills to thrive in a global business world where the only constant you can count on is change itself?
- Describe the personal and professional growth you experienced during your time at Stern.
- In what ways has the Stern community supported you and helped you navigate an environment with constant change?
- How does a Stern education inspire you to impact business & society?
For more information, please attend one of two information sessions. Attendance at an info session is not required.
- Wednesday, January 31: 5:30-6:00pm via Zoom (Zoom link sent via email)
- Thursday, February 1: 12:30-1:00pm (in-person, Tisch 720)