You have 2 options for coordinating an international wire transfer:
1. Flywire (by peerTransfer)
New York University has partnered with Flywire (by peerTransfer) to streamline the tuition and fee payment process for international students. Flywire offers multiple payment options and currencies. Students and payers will be able to track their payments from start to finish, save on bank fees and exchange rates and contact Flywire's 24x7 multilingual customer support by chat, Skype, email, and telephone. NYU and Flywire do not charge a fee for this service.
IMPORTANT: Please watch this instructional video
for important information and a step by step guide. For those initiating a bank transfer, please note the 2 business day time limit to initiate the transfer with your bank.
Once the transfer is complete, please email Henry Xie at email@example.com and include a payment confirmation.
Please click here to be directed to Flywire's payment portal
2. Western Union
NYU has partnered with Western Union to facilitate wire payments to ensure that your payment is correctly credited to your account. In order to make a wire payment, you must obtain a unique reference number (this number is unique to each particular wire request) by completing an online form (link below).
The reference number must be included on your bank's payment instructions. Please provide the Western Union wire transfer form to your bank. If the ID number (provided on the PDF wire transfer form) is missing, the payment will not be credited to your account.
If you are paying using a foreign currency, please note that Western Union is able to secure a rate for 72 hours after submitting the form. This rate will be used for your transaction. If you do not make a wire request with your bank within 72 hours of completing the form, you will need to fill out the form again to obtain a new reference number and a new rate quote.
**IMPORTANT: Please note that after the 72 hour period, your Western Union online form will EXPIRE and the exchange rate provided on the form will no longer be valid. If you do not make a wire request within the 72 hour period, you would need to generate a NEW online form to process the payment. Therefore, if you are paying via an installment plan with payment deadlines that are separated by several months, please fill out a NEW online form for each transfer.**
Once complete, please send firstname.lastname@example.org the wire or SWIFT confirmation upon transfer to assist in location of payment.
Step 1: Initiate your payment "online"
Please click here to be redirected to NYU's International Payment Portal
- Enter your student details:
- NYU ID # (begins with the letter "N"). This information is provided to you in your admissions packet.
- Date of Birth (note the Date/Month/Year format)
- NYU email address (email@example.com)
- Phone number
- Select Payment Service: Always check" NYU Student Payment"
- Enter the amount due in US Dollars according to your payment plan.
- Choose the currency in the bank account from which you intend to pay your bill. (e.g. Euro, British Pound, Japanese Yen etc)
- If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollars. A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.
- Review and agree to the payment amount and the terms and conditions.
- Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 2.
Step 2: Transfer funds to Western Union
- Present the PDF document to your local bank to initiate the transfer of funds from your bank account to Western Union. Inform your local bank that the bank account listed on the PDF is a bank owned by Western Union Business Solutions and funds are not to be sent via Western Union money transfer or to a Western Union Payment branch.
- If your local bank is requires assistance regarding this payment process, they may call Western Union Business Solutions at (877) 218-8829.
- Be sure that your bank includes the reference number from your quote in Step 1 when the transfer is made to Western Union.
Step 3: Western Union does the rest!
Currencies offered by Western Union*
- Using your reference number, Western Union will transfer your payment to New York University and the Office of the Bursar will post the payment to your student account.
- It usually takes two to three business days after your bank initiates payment to Western Union before your NYU student account is updated.
*If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollars.
|AED - United Arab Emirates Dirham
||LVL - Latvian Lats
|AUD - Australian Dollar
||MAD - Moroccan Dirham
|BHD - Bahraini Dinar
||MXN - Mexican Peso
|CAD - Canadian Dollar
||NAD - Namibian Dollar
|CHF - Swiss Franc
||NOK - Norwegian Kroner
|CZK - Czech Koruna
||NZD - New Zealand Dollar
|DKK - Danish Kroner
||OMR - Omani Rial
|EUR - Euro
||PLN - Polish Zloty
|FJD - Fiji Dollar
||QAR - Qatari Rial
|GPB - British Pound
||SAR - Saudi Riyal
|HKD - Hong Kong Dollar
||SEK - Swedish Kronor
|HUF - Hungarian Forint
||SGP - Singapore Dollar
|ILS - Israeli Shekel
||THB - Thai Baht
|INR - Indian Rupee
||TRY - Turkish New Lira
|JOD - Jordanian Dinar
||USD - US DOLLAR
|JPY - Japanese Yen
||VUV - Vanuatu Vatu
|KES - Kenyan Shilling
||WST - Samoan Tala
|KWD - Kuwaiti Dinar
||XPF - Central Polynesian Franc
|LTL - Lithuanian Litas
||ZAR - South African Rand