Other NYU Students

This page is a resource for Other NYU Students or NYU Students Outside of Stern Undergraduate College interested in Stern Undergraduate coursework, programs, or opportunities.

New Announcements:

Registration for J-Term/Summer: Non-Stern students are eligible to enroll in J-Term/Summer offerings of Stern coursework. Enroll as normal through Albert, as long as there is space in the course and you meet the prerequisites!

Registration for Spring 2023:

  • Questions about enrolling in Stern coursework for the Fall semester? Visit this link to RSVP for an upcoming Live Registration Webinar with a Stern Adviser!
  • Are you a senior graduating at the end of the Spring 2023 semester? If you need one or two specific Stern courses to finish your program please fill out the Graduating Senior Request Form! For timely review, requests must be submitted at least a week in advance of registration week.

Enrollment into Stern Coursework

If you are a student in Other NYU divisions and are interested in taking Stern courses, you can refer to the Open Access list. You can use this list to know:

  1. Which Stern classes are open to you (if the course or section isn’t on the list, it is not open to Other NYU divisions) 
  2. What the course prerequisites or class standing requirements are
  3. The date that you are eligible to begin enrolling  for the class (Open Access Date)

You will be able to directly enroll, space permitting, on the Open Access date, but will also be able to enroll on an Open Access Waitlist once your enrollment appointment has begun. If there is room in the course on the Open Access date, any students on the Open Access waitlist will be automatically enrolled (as long as it will not put you over the Term maximum for credits and will not cause a time conflict with existing enrollments). For instructions on how to register or use functions within Albert, please contact the Registrar's office or refer to the Albert Help Guides.

Cross-School Minors

If you are interested in pursuing a Cross School Minors through Stern, please visit our cross-school Minor page for more information and for links to the various Minor requirements. If you have questions regarding the Stern coursework required for any of our cross-school minor programs, please feel free to reach out to Saige Martinez at uc.advising@stern.nyu.edu or attend an ARC Cross School Advising session.

Please note that the CAS Business Studies minor is administered by the College of Arts and Science (CAS), though it does incorporate Stern coursework. You can find more information on the Business Studies Minor on the CAS Business Studies Minor Website. Each semester, specific sections of core business courses required for the minor are set aside for Other NYU divisions. Be sure to check Albert and the Open Access List for information on which sections are appropriate for you.

Attend an ARC Cross-School Advising Session

If you have a question about enrollment into Stern courses or pursuing a Stern Cross School Minor, you can meet with a Stern adviser during ARC Cross School Advising Hours via Zoom. If you are unable to make the ARC Cross School Advising hours, you can direct your questions to: 

Saige Martinez
(212) 998-4020

When emailing, you should provide the following information: University ID # (ex. N12345678)  and if your question is specific to a course, you should also provide the course title, catalog number, and the section number if appropriate (ex. MKTG-UB 1-001 Intro to Marketing). If you have a question about whether Stern classes are applicable to your degree program, please consult your home school.

Visiting Students at Stern Undergraduate College

If you are a Visiting Student, any and all questions should be directed to your adviser at University Programs:

University Programs Advising

Alternatively, please visit their website at Visiting Students at NYU.

Prospective Students for Stern Undergraduate College (including Incoming First-Year Students and Transfers)

Thank you for your interest in applying to Stern Undergraduate College!

For Prospective Students (both Internal and External Transfers and Incoming First-Year Students), any and all questions you may have regarding applications and course requirements should be directed to the NYU Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please feel free to reach out to the Admissions Team to chat with an Admissions Officer.

For Prospective Internal and External Transfer Students, you are encouraged to review the Transfer Applicant section of the Admissions website, including the Additional Program Requirements area.