Travel Directions to NYU SternOur address is:
NYU Stern School of Business
MBA Admissions, Suite 6-70
Henry Kaufman Management Center
44 West 4th Street (at Greene Street)
New York, NY 10012
When entering the Henry Kaufman Management Center, please proceed to the security desk to check in. The security officer will direct you to the MBA Admissions Office (located on the 6th Floor).
Hotel OptionsView a list of potential hotels in NYC.
SubwayThe quickest and most convenient way to our Manhattan Campus is to take the subway. To find a subway closest to you, please consult the MTA Subway Map.
|Take the No. 6 train to Astor Place Station. Walk west on Astor Place to Broadway. Turn left on Broadway and walk south to West 4th Street. Turn right on West 4th Street and walk west until you reach Greene Street. The NYU Stern campus is immediately on your left.|
|Take the A, C, or E train to West 4th Street Station. Walk east on West 4th Street until you reach Greene Street. The NYU Stern campus is immediately on your right.|
|Take the No. 1 train to the Christopher Street-Sheridan Square Station. Walk east on Christopher Street to West 4th Street. Continue east on West 4th Street until you reach Greene Street. The NYU Stern campus is immediately on your right.|
|Take the N or R train to the 8th Street Station. At Broadway, walk south to West 4th Street. Turn right on West 4th Street and walk west until you reach Greene Street. The NYU Stern campus is immediately on your left.|
|Take the B, D, F, or M train to the West 4th Street station. Walk east on West 4th Street until you reach Greene Street. The NYU Stern campus is immediately on your right.|
Air Travel:There are 3 major airports servicing the New York City area: John F. Kennedy International Airport, La Guardia Airport, and Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Taxis and car services are available at all local airports and, although they cost more than public transportation, are generally your best bet.
- Ask your driver to take you to West 4th Street and Greene Street.
- Plan on spending at least $35 to $55 depending on the airport and time of day. Often tolls are in addition to the fare and not on the meter. Tipping a courteous taxi driver is customary in New York City.
If you would like to take public transportation from any of the local airports, take an airport shuttle bus to either Port Authority Bus Terminal or Grand Central Station, then:
- From Port Authority, take the A, C, or E train on the subway directions above.
- From Grand Central, take the No. 6 train on the subway directions above.
- If arriving at John F. Kennedy International, you also have the ability to use the NYC subway system to get to NYU Stern.
- As you exit your respective terminal, board the AirTrain heading toward the Howard Beach Station.
- Board the A train and follow the subway directions above.
Driving Directions:From the North or Northeast:
- Take the NY State Thruway to the Triborough Bridge, which becomes the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx, to FDR Drive in Manhattan.
- Follow FDR Drive south to Houston Street.
- Continue west on Houston Street to Sixth Avenue (also called Avenue of the Americas).
- Turn right on Sixth Avenue and travel north two blocks to West Fourth Street.
- Turn right on West Fourth Street, then continue east on West Fourth Street until you reach Greene Street.
- Go through the Holland Tunnel, then follow signs for Canal Street East.
- Make the first left after Sixth Avenue onto West Broadway.
- West Broadway will turn into LaGuardia. Take it all the way north to Washington Square South (W. 4th Street) - make a right and go until Greene Street.
- Go south on the Henry Hudson Parkway (turns into the West Side Highway/12th Avenue) to 23rd Street.
- Turn left on 23rd Street to Fifth Avenue.
- Turn right on Fifth Avenue to Washington Square.
- At Washington Square take right on Washington Square North.
- Take first left on to Washington Square West and then left on to Washington Square South (West Fourth Street).
- Continue on West Fourth Street until you reach Greene Street.
Bus Travel:Most major bus companies drop passengers off at either the Port Authority Bus Terminal, Grand Central Terminal, or Madison Square Garden/Pennsylvania. Please follow the below directions depending on where your bus drop-off point is.
Port Authority Bus Terminal:
- Once off the bus, follow the signs to the A, C, or E subway train, located within the building.
- Follow the subway directions above.
- Most bus companies drop passengers off on the south side of the terminal.
- Proceed inside the main terminal.
- Once inside, follow signs for the No. 6 train, and follow the subway directions above.
- Most bus companies drop off passengers on the streets surrounding Madison Square Garden.
- Proceed directly into Pennsylvania Station, which is located beneath Madison Square Garden.
- Follow the signs to the A, C, or E train and follow the subway directions above.