The following are not required for admission to the MSQM. However, admitted students must complete the following before the program begins.
Before beginning the program, students are expected to be comfortable with the concepts listed below. You may brush up on your own or take Stern’s online Math Prep. (Details on the admitted student website.)
- Data Relations (equalities and inequalities, absolute value, ratios, fractions)
- Functions and Graphs (linear and nonlinear functions)
- Systems of Equations
- Exponents (laws of exponents, quadratic formula)
- Logarithms (compound interest and exponential growth, natural logarithms)
- Basic calculus (derivatives of polynomial expressions, using first-order conditions to determine maxima and minima)
Business Writing Proficiency
The business writing proficiency requirement may be satisfied in any of three ways:
- Earning a score of 4.0 or better on the analytical writing component of a valid GMAT or GRE exam,
- Showing proof of having taken and passed an approved business writing course after the GMAT or GRE test date,
- Taking a non-credit online Business Writing workshop at Stern and passing it no later than the end of the first semester. If you have not satisfied this requirement in one of the first two ways, you will be registered for the Business Writing workshop automatically.