To apply for our program, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Undergraduate Degree: You must hold a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a foreign country.
- Mastery of English: Please refer to the standardized test section to determine if you are required to take the IELTS or TOEFL exam to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
The following are not required for admission to the MSQM. However, admitted students must prove their business writing proficiency before the program begins and be comfortable with the math concepts listed below.
Business Writing Proficiency
The business writing proficiency requirement may be satisfied in any of three ways:
1. Earning a score of 4.0 or better on the analytical writing component of a valid GMAT or GRE exam (provided at the time of application submission)
2. Passing an analytical writing assessment provided by NYU Stern
3. Taking a non-credit online Business Writing workshop at Stern and passing it no later than the end of the first semester*
If you have not satisfied this requirement in one of the first three ways, you will be registered for the Business Writing workshop automatically.
*Students must pay a $400 fee if they are required to take NYU Stern’s Business Writing workshop to satisfy the business writing proficiency requirement. This fee is not included in the estimated cost of tuition.
Before beginning the program, students are expected to be comfortable with the concepts listed below. You may brush up on your own or take Stern’s online Math Prep. (Details will be provided on the admitted student website)
- Data Relations (equalities and inequalities, absolute value, ratios, fractions)
- Functions and Graphs (linear and nonlinear functions)
- Systems of Equations
- Exponents (laws of exponents, quadratic formula)
- Logarithms (compound interest and exponential growth, natural logarithms)
- Basic calculus (derivatives of polynomial expressions, using first-order conditions to determine maxima and minima)
We seek students who best exemplify Stern's core value: IQ+EQ. Our Admissions Committee takes care to select those who demonstrate strong intellectual ability, superior interpersonal skills, and a desire to create value for business and society.
Stern evaluates each candidate holistically across three dimensions:
- Academic Profile
- Professional Achievements & Aspirations
- Personal & Professional Characteristics