Applicants from around the world are welcome to apply to the online MS in Quantitative Management.
International Admissions Requirements
Please closely review the main Admissions page and the information below before you apply to the online Master of Science in Quantitative Management (MSQM). In addition to the standard application requirements summarized on the main Admissions page, international applicants must meet the requirements summarized below.
Mastery of English is required for NYU Stern programs. If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate your level of proficiency in English in at least one of the following ways:
- Your undergraduate or graduate degree was taught in English
- You have a TOEFL score of at least 100
- You have an IELTS score of at least 7
- You have an iTEP score of at least 4.5
- You have a Duolingo score of at least 120
Scores are valid for two years from the date you took the test and must be valid at the time you submit your application. You are responsible for including your TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, or Duolingo scores in the online application and ensuring that your official score report can be released and sent to NYU Stern. While an official test score is required for a final decision, the Admissions Committee can begin the review of your application with an unofficial test score.
Please use the following information to send us your official scores:
- TOEFL: Use reporting code C436
- IELTS: Use reporting name New York University – MBA and Graduate Admissions
- iTEP: Use reporting name New York University Stern School of Business
- Duolingo: Search “Stern” and filter by “Graduate” program in the right dropdown in the list of institutions. Select “New York University Stern School of Business” to send scores.
For applicants who took the test more than once, the Admissions Committee considers only the test with the highest total score taken within two years of the application deadline for which you apply.
If you plan to retake the TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, or Duolingo assessments after submitting an application, please inform the Admissions Committee of the date you intend to take the test. The Admissions Committee will proceed with the evaluation of your application using your submitted score, and may issue a decision prior to receiving additional test scores.
The NYU Office of Global Services (OGS) provides visa counseling and help with I-20 applications. To participate in the MSQM residential immersions, you will need a visa. For more information, visit the OGS website or call +1 212-998-4720.