Applicants from around the world are welcome to apply to the online MS in Quantitative Management.
International Admissions Requirements
Please closely review the main Admissions page and the information below before you apply to the online Master of Science in Quantitative Management (MSQM). In addition to the standard application requirements summarized on the main Admissions page, international applicants must meet the requirements summarized below.
Mastery of English is required for NYU Stern programs. If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate your level of proficiency in English in at least one of the following three ways:
- Your undergraduate or graduate degree was taught in English
- You have a TOEFL score of at least 100
- You have an IELTS score of at least 7
Scores are valid for two years from the date you took the test and must be valid at the time you submit your application. You are responsible for including your TOEFL or IELTS score on the online application and ensuring that your official score report can be released and sent to NYU Stern. Though an official test score is required for a final decision, the Admissions Committee can begin the review of your application with an unofficial test score.
For TOEFL, Stern’s reporting code is C436. For IELTS, Stern’s RO name is New York University – MBA and Graduate Admissions. For applicants who took the test more than once, the Admissions Committee considers only the test with the highest total score taken within two years of the deadline for which you submit your application.
If you plan to retake the TOEFL or IELTS after applying, please inform the Admissions Committee of the date you intend to take the test in the optional essay. The Admissions Committee will proceed with the evaluation of your application using your submitted score and may issue a decision prior to receiving additional test scores.
If your original transcript is not in English, you must use the Self-Reported Transcript Form.
Instructions for Using the Self-Reported Transcript Form
- List the name and course number of each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. If your transcript is not in English, provide an accurate English translation of each course title.
- List the grade or mark for each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. Do not reinterpret grades or convert grades to a different scale.
- Include courses taken that do not contribute to your overall score/grade (e.g. classes that were dropped, withdrawn from, incomplete, taken pass/fail, taken more than once, etc.)
- Carefully match the courses taken with the appropriate semester/term dates, exactly as they appear on your official transcript. Include terms for any summer, winter, transfer, exchange, or study abroad courses.
- If you are in the process of completing a degree, please include the names of any courses in which you are currently enrolled and note them as “in progress.”
NOTE: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the Self-Reported Transcript Form.
The NYU Office of Global Services (OGS) provides visa counseling and help with I-20 applications. To participate in the MSQM residential immersions, you will need a visa. For more information, visit the OGS website or call 212-998-4720.