International Fall Start Students
- Apply for a semester-only private loan or a fall/spring loan combined about one month prior to your payment deadline. For a list of international student loan opportunities, please visit the private loans page of the Stern Graduate Financial Aid website. Typical processing time is 3-4 weeks, but may be longer. Please plan accordingly.
- Complete the "Tuition and Fees Worksheet" by your established payment deadline. This form is located on the Stern Bursar’s website. However, for newly admitted students, the form will be made available on the Admitted Student website in early summer. Be sure to list only APPROVED loan amounts on the worksheet.
- If you have confirmed approval of your loans via NYU Albert, you may include the loan amounts on the payment worksheet. All approved loans will be credited directly to your Stern Bursar bill, and you will not need to pay this amount out of pocket.
- The lender sends the fall loan disbursement to the Bursar prior to the start of the semester.
- Disbursement will occur after your payment deadline. However, as long as your loans are approved by the deadline and you have submitted a payment worksheet, the bursar will credit the amount to your account.
- The Bursar will refund you any loan credit beyond tuition and fees. We encourage you to use the direct deposit option for your loan refund. For direct deposit, a U.S. bank account is needed. Please feel free to explore information from the New York University Federal Credit Union if interested in setting up a U.S. bank account. If you do not have direct deposit, the refund check will be mailed to your current U.S. address.
- Due to the high volume of disbursements at the start of each semester, you should not count on your refund for the first month of classes. Please budget accordingly.
- Prepare for the spring semester by completing the Spring “Tuition and Fees Worksheet” for the Office of the Bursar.