Timeline for EMBA Students
- Complete the most recent FAFSA application online as soon as you file your tax return. The FAFSA is used to determine federal student loan eligibility for the summer as well as the Fall and Spring semester.
- Receive a financial aid award notice to your Stern email account. This will be sent about one month prior to your payment deadline:
- For the program beginning in August, payment is due on July 15th and December 15th of each academic year.
- For the program beginning in January, payment is due on December 15th and July 15th of each academic year.
- Accept your loans on NYU Albert. This is the university-wide system which provides a comprehensive and personalized view of your financial aid. In addition to federal loans, Albert will also display any private loans for which you have applied.
- After accepting your federal loans on Albert, sign in at studentloans.gov to secure your loans. You must complete the:
- Entrance Counseling Session
- Master Promissory Note(s). Please note that there is a separate MPN for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Once signed, the note is valid for 10 years.
- After accepting and securing your loans, please confirm approval with the Financial Aid Office.
PLEASE NOTE: The disbursement date for your loans each semester will be after your payment deadline. As long as your loans are approved by the deadline, the bursar will credit the amount to your account.
- If you have loans in excess of your tuition and fees charges, you will be cut a refund check for the excess amount. The Bursar will begin distributing refund checks to eligible students within the first few weeks of classes beginning. Due to the high volume of disbursements at the start of each semester, you should not count on your refund for the first month of classes.