Share / Print
FinAid- Loans


There are two types of loans available to students: Federal and Private. Federal loans consist of funding provided by the government to domestic students (U.S. citizens and permanent residents). To apply, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Private loans are those offered through private institutions. Both domestic and international students may be eligible for such loans. To apply, please submit an application directly through a lender of your choosing.

Whether it be federal loans, private loans, scholarships, tuition remission or a combination of these sources, a student's total financial aid, combined from all sources, cannot exceed the student's cost of attendance.

Beyond Loans

The Graduate Financial Aid Office encourages students to explore additional sources of financial aid, if possible, such as:

Loan FAQs

Get answers to all of your loan inquiries by visiting our
Loan FAQ page.

FAFSA School Code

Be sure to include 002785 New York University on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).