Graduate PLUS Loan Request
Submission of the form below does not suggest loan approval. You will be emailed to accept the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan once packaged by our office. Only after you accept it in NYU Albert will your credit be checked to confirm approval.
The Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan enables students to borrow a loan up to their cost of attendance, minus any other financial aid received. Please see below for the loan terms:
Interest rate (Effective for loans disbursed between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016): 6.84% fixed
Origination Fee: 4.292% (The fee is taken out at disbursement. Please calculate your requested loan amount accordingly)
Eligibilty: You must be registered for at least six paying credits. The free course does not count toward the six that are needed. Loan approval contingent upon a credit check, completed by the Department of Education. Please review the specific Graduate PLUS Loan credit check conditions as well as our credit report resources.
In-School Interest: Interest begins to accrue at disbursement
After submitting this form:
- Instructions on how to accept your Graduate PLUS Loan via NYU Albert will be sent to your Stern email account
- If this is the first time you are borrowing a Graduate PLUS Loan, you will be required to complete the Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov
- After you accept the Graduate PLUS Loan and your Master Promissory Note is on file, the government will run a credit check
- If credit approved, loan funds will disburse to the Office of the Stern Bursar
- If you were credit approved with an endorser or as a result of the credit appeal process, please contact our office
*Please allow at least 2-3 weeks processing time.
* Required fields