Apply for an Unbeatable Opportunity!
The IBEX Application for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 has closed. The application for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 will open in Fall 2021.
If you are interested in applying to the IBEX program, please make sure you:
- Are currently in your sophomore or junior year at Stern
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Will be at least a junior the semester you want to go abroad (will have completed at least 64 credits)
- Have the ability to take at least 2 elective classes (6-8 credits) while on IBEX
- We strongly discourage students from studying away on IBEX during their senior spring
In order to apply you will need to complete the IBEX application and also submit the two below supplemental documents via email before the November deadline:
- A copy of your unofficial transcript is available on Albert.
- If you are a transfer student without a Stern GPA you should submit a transcript copy from your previous school.
- A completed Digital Curriculum Worksheet reflecting all of the courses you have taken so far - including what you are taking for the current Fall term. You will need to submit this via email to the IBEX Team.
- Please access your Digital Curriculum Worksheet, download it, and either complete it independently or with an Academic Adviser. Note that you must download the PDF first - otherwise you will not be able to type in the document from Google Drive. Handwritten Curriculum Worksheets will not be accepted.
- If you would like to complete your Digital Curriculum Worksheet with an Academic Adviser, you must make a 30-minute appointment at least 2 weeks in advance of the IBEX application deadline. You cannot go to a 15 minute Quick Visit Advising Appointment for this.
As part of the application, you will indicate one IBEX school as your top choice as well as a back-up school from among our participating partners. To help with this decision, visit the Partner Schools section which provides information and direct links to each IBEX school’s homepage. You may also be asked to interview over Zoom as part of the selection process.Applications will not be reviewed until after the deadline, and decision notifications will be sent via email. Once selected, you will commit to the IBEX program by signing and submitting a written contract.
|Early September||Joint NYU Study Away and IBEX Info Session||Watch Recorded Presentation|
|Late September||Virtual IBEX Fair|
|Student Panel - HEC Paris, Dauphine, Sciences Po, the University of Amsterdam, and Maastricht University||Watch Recorded Presentation|
|Student Panel - Bocconi University, Copenhagen Business School, University of Manchester, University of Melbourne, and University of New South Wales||Watch Recorded Presentation|
|Student Panel - National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Chulalongkorn University, and Peking University||Watch Recorded Presentation|
|Student Panel - University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, and Yonsei University||Watch Recorded Presentation|
|October||IBEX Info Sessions - Presentations about the IBEX program including logistics, expenses and the application process. Meet Stern students who have recently returned from an IBEX semester abroad.||Watch Recorded Presentation (Session 1)
Watch Recorded Presentation (Session 2)
|Late October||IBEX Ambassador Coffee Chat - Have your questions answered by IBEX Ambassadors before applications are due!|
|Early November||IBEX Application Deadline|
|Mid-November||Decision Notifications sent via email|
|Mid-December||IBEX Study Abroad Commitment Contracts Due|
|Early February||IBEX Acceptance Reception opportunity for all recently accepted IBEX students to mingle, receive important exchange info, and meet visiting exchange students.|
|Early February||IBEX Orientation: Mandatory for all recently accepted IBEX students to receive important information on planning for a semester abroad.|
Mid-February to April for Fall IBEX Students
September to November for Spring IBEX students
|Individual IBEX Appointments with Advising & International Exchanges & Special Programs to discuss course selection and IBEX planning.|