Skip to main content

Undergraduate Current Students | Visa and Travel Information

Visa and Travel Information

Visa Process

If you are not a U.S. passport holder, you will need to obtain a student visa in order to study in the United States. Please refer to the IBEX Acceptance Process and Important Dates section for additional information on the visa application process for exchange students. The NYU Office of Global Services will process your visa and has additional visa and arrival information on their site.  

Arrival Information

Refer to the OGS Plan Your Arrival page for important information. Once you have arrived at the local airport and have picked up your luggage, please follow signs that read "Ground Transportation" and proceed to ground transportation information counters, bus stops, or taxi dispatchers. For your own safety, use uniformed taxi dispatchers to obtain a taxi (yellow cabs) only and ignore offers of transportation from solicitors in the terminal. Ignore non-uniformed persons offering to assist with baggage. Seek out uniformed porters or airline employees for baggage assistance. Please see below for links to the three local airports (JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark) and visit the appropriate website to find various transportation options. We recommend flying into JFK or LaGuardia airports and taking a yellow cab to your destination.

New York City Airports