Visa & Travel Information

visa application

Visa Process

All students without a U.S. passport need to obtain a student visa in order to study in the United States on exchange. Students should complete the NYU Stern Exchange & Visa Application, which will be used to process their visa application. Once the application is processed, Stern will mail students their DS-2019 form and acceptance letter to be used to obtain a student visa. Please visit the Office of Global Services website for more information about studying in the U.S. on exchange.

Arrival Information
Once you have arrived at the local airport and have picked up your luggage, please follow signs that read "Ground Transportation" and proceed to ground transportation information counters, bus stops, or taxi dispatchers. For your own safety, use uniformed taxi dispatchers to obtain a taxi (yellow cabs) only and ignore offers of transportation from solicitors in the terminal. Ignore non-uniformed persons offering to assist with baggage. Seek out uniformed porters or airline employees for baggage assistance. Please see the sidebar for links to the three local airports (JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark) and visit the appropriate website to find various transportation options. We recommend flying into JFK or LaGuardia airports and taking a yellow cab to your destination.