- Our online application is encrypted and all personal information is protected in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- You may apply to only one NYU Stern MBA program per admissions cycle (Full-time, Part-time, Executive or TRIUM Global Executive). If not admitted, you may apply to any NYU Stern MBA program for any subsequent admissions cycle.
Admission Requirements & Prerequsites
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of six years of full-time work experience upon submission of the Pre-Application
You will receive an email with a link to the Formal Application once the Pre-Application has been submitted. You are not required to attend an interview prior to submitting the Formal Application, although it is recommended. As you prepare to complete your Formal Application, you can reference the list below for detailed information on each Formal Application component.
Formal Application Checklist
- Employment & Activities
- Official GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment Test Scores (Optional)
- Organization Sponsorship Form (Optional)
- $175 Application Fee
Applicants may use the Activities section to indicate any activities in which they participate, along with years of participation and contributions made.
All essays have a 500 word limit, double spaced. Word limits apply to the total essay question. For example, your response to Essay 2 should answer all parts.
1. Describe your short- and long-term career goals and how the NYU Stern Executive MBA program will help you accomplish them.
2. NYU Stern is committed to helping students develop a deeper set of professional skills, and a broader perspective of the role of business in the world.
a) What is a significant contemporary issue on which you, as a business leader, would like to have an impact?
b) Why is it important to you?
c) How could you leverage your skills and resources to address the issue?
3. Additional Information (Optional) - Provide any additional information for the Admissions Committee. This may include additional details on your academic/quantitative preparation for MBA coursework through educational or professional experience, further explanation of academic history, current or past gaps in employment, or any other information relevant to your application.
Each transcript must contain a list of courses taken, grades, or marks earned, and name of degree earned. All transcripts must be accompanied by proof of degree conferral. The degree conferral must indicate the:
- type of degree conferred
- month and year the degree was conferred
- institution and location from which you received the degree
You have three options for providing your transcirpt(s):
- Scan and upload a copy of each transcript in the online formal application
- Release your electronic-official transcript(s) directly from the university to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail an official copy of each transcript directly to the Executive MBA Admissions office
Official Transcript RequirementsAll enrolled students will be required to submit an official transcript from each academic institution at which they earned a degree. Official transcripts may be submitted at any time during the application process. All official academic transcripts must be original documents bearing the institutional seal and signature of the institution’s registrar. They must be submitted in the original, sealed envelope from the institution or the embassy or consulate providing verification of authenticity. If you cannot obtain transcripts directly from the institution but you possess an original transcript, you may submit photocopies that have been verified by the embassy or consulate of the institution’s country. Certifications by a Notary Public are not acceptable.
Your official and self-reported transcripts may be verified. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time, prior to or after enrolling, if there is any discrepancy between the unofficial transcript and the official transcript.
It is preferred that your official transcript(s) be released electronically directly from the university to our team at email@example.com. If your official transcript(s) cannot be released electronically, you can send by mail to the address below and we will retrieve it once an Admissions Team member is in the office. For mailing, we recommend using a shipment method that can be tracked.
NYU Stern School of Business
Executive MBA Program
44 West 4th Street, Suite 4-100
New York, NY 10012-1126
If an original transcript is not in English, the applicant is required to submit both the official transcript and its English translation. Both the official transcript and the translation should be submitted in one sealed envelope. If the institution attended does not provide an English translation with the official transcript, a certified English translation through a translating service must be obtained and submitted in a sealed envelope, endorsed across the seal by the translating service. Stern does not have preferred translating services. Certifications by a Notary Public are not acceptable.
Additional Requirements for Transcripts not in English
If a diploma/degree conferral is not in English, the applicant is required to submit a photocopy of the original and its English translation, following the guidelines above for transcripts not in English.
Stern does not accept notarized or personal copies of transcripts.
Important Notes about Transcripts
All transcripts submitted as part of the Executive MBA application process are considered property of Executive MBA Admissions. They will not be returned, transferred or forwarded to other institutions or other programs or schools at NYU. Please do not submit the original copy of an academic transcript that cannot be replaced. These transcripts will not be returned to you.
Recommendations should only be submitted online. A maximum of two recommendations will be accepted.
Please note: Professional recommendations are strongly preferred over academic recommendations. If a recommendation from your current supervisor cannot be included, you must provide an explanation in optional Essay 3.
If you choose to submit GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment scores, they must be dated within five years of the final application deadline of the desired program entry date.
You are responsible for ensuring that Pearson VUE or Educational Testing Services is able to release and send your official score report to the NYU Stern Executive MBA program by the application deadline. To send your official scores to the NYU Stern Executive MBA program, you will need to provide each testing service with Stern’s Executive MBA reporting code. Stern’s Executive MBA GMAT and Executive Assessment reporting code is 5TF-HW-89. Stern’s Executive MBA GRE reporting code is 4894.
Download the Organization Sponsorship Form below:
Executive MBA in DC Sponsorship Form
If you would like to submit the Organization Sponsorship Form with your application, you may upload it in the application or email it to the Admissions Office.
Members and veterans of the U.S. military are eligible for an application fee waiver. Email your request for a fee waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org and include documentation of service. You will receive an email confirmation of your application fee waiver within 5 business days of submission. Please do not submit your formal application until you receive this confirmation from our office.
If you are experiencing severe economic hardship and would like to request an application fee waiver, please email email@example.com. Requests should include a detailed rationale for the application fee waiver and will be considered by the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis.