SponsorshipThe NYU Stern Executive MBA program provides an Organization Sponsorship Form, which is an optional component of the application. The form summarizes the time commitment required for the program, so it may be used as a tool to have a conversation with your employer around time and financial sponsorship. While some organizations also offer financial sponsorship, financial sponsorship is not required to apply or enroll in the program.
Over 460 companies have recently sponsored Executive MBA students, many providing full or partial financial support, to attend NYU Stern’s Executive MBA program. Companies sponsor Executive MBA students to develop and strengthen their talent pool with the added benefit of retaining their employees in the company during and after the program.
Types of Sponsorship
1. Time Sponsorship: support of the time that employees need to be out of the office for the program to attend classes and residencies to complete your MBA. The online application includes a Sponsorship Form that may be signed by your employer, but it is not required to submit with your application.
Required time out of the office includes:
- All class days
- One Friday, Saturday, and Sunday per month
- 3 one-week residencies
- One Orientation Week in Year 1
- One Global Study Tour in Year 1
- One Domestic Residency Week in Year 2
Making the Case
Many applicants find it helpful to present their sponsorship request as a business case. Point to specific ways in which your Executive MBA experience will benefit your employer. Is your company growing or expanding into international markets? Has the scope of your responsibilities changed or will it change in the near future? Be specific in describing how the MBA will have an impact on your organization; understand how it will help you in both your current and your future roles at your company.
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Participants bring back new and innovative perspectives from the strong curriculum, global focus, and highly experienced classmates
- Offering sponsorship opportunitites gives organizations an advantage when competing for the same talent
- Sponsorship can be used to reward exceptional performance and increase employee loyalty and retention
- Participants develop strategic, leadership, and general management skills with powerful expertise in targeted specialization areas
- Organizations see immediate results and impact, since participants are working while pursuing their degree
We welcome the opportunity to talk with your employer about sponsorship, and we invite employers to attend one of our montly information sessions to learn more about the Executive MBA program. For more information about how to discuss sponsorship with your manger or HR representative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Students who are being fully or partially sponsored by their employer are expected to manage the reimbursement relationship individually with their company. If admitted to the Executive MBA program, applicants are responsible for paying the tuition deposit by the specified deposit deadline and tuition payment by our specified tuition payment deadline.