Our Stern essay questions give you the opportunity to more fully present yourself to the Admissions Committee and to provide insight into your experiences, goals, and thought processes.
Your essays must be written entirely by you. An offer of admission will be rescinded if you did not write your essays.
- Essay 1: Professional Aspirations
- Essay 2: Personal Expression (a.k.a. "Pick Six")
- Essay 3: Additional Information (optional)
Essay 1: Professional Aspirations
(500 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
- What are your short and long-term career goals?
- How will the MBA help you achieve them?
Essay 2: Personal Expression (a.k.a. "Pick Six")
Describe yourself to the Admissions Committee and to your future classmates using six images and corresponding captions. Your uploaded PDF should contain all of the following elements:
- A brief introduction or overview of your "Pick Six" (no more than 3 sentences).
- Six images that help illustrate who you are.
- A one-sentence caption for each of the six images that helps explain why they were selected and are significant to you.
Essay 3: Additional Information (optional)
(250 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE, Executive Assessment, IELTS or TOEFL, or any other relevant information.