EQ EndorsementsChoosing Your Endorsers
- You are required to submit two EQ Endorsements with your application.
- One EQ Endorsement must come from your current supervisor. If you cannot include an endorsement from your current supervisor, you must provide an explanation in the online application.
- The second EQ Endorsement may come from someone who knows you professionally and/or personally.
- EQ Endorsements should come from individuals who can objectively assess your potential for success in NYU Stern's MBA program and in your future career, and who can act as a persuasive advocate of your EQ strengths.
- Immediate family members should not write your EQ endorsement.
- Submitting more than two EQ endorsements is not encouraged but is allowed. Please carefully consider whether additional endorsements add significant value and a new and unique perspective to your application.
EQ Endorsement Questions
Your endorsers will be asked to rate you on a number of abilities and qualities, as well as provide an answer to these five questions:
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant's role in your organization.
- How does the applicant's performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles (if applicable)? Please provide specific examples. (E.g. what are the applicant's principal strengths?)
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
- IQ+EQ is a core value of NYU Stern, and we seek exceptional individuals who possess both intellectual and interpersonal strengths. Emotional intelligence (EQ) skills such as self-awareness, empathy, communication and self-management are at the core of our community of leaders. Please provide one specific and compelling example to demonstrate the applicant's emotional intelligence.
- (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
Your endorsers may answer these questions in the endorsement form or by uploading a Word or PDF document.
EQ endorsements must be submitted online
- If your endorser cannot submit an online endorsement, you must email email@example.com to explain the circumstances and request approval for your endorser to submit a paper endorsement.
- If your endorser cannot complete a endorsement in English, he or she will need to complete a paper endorsement, following the instructions above, and have it translated into English. A certified English translation through a translating service must be obtained and submitted in a sealed envelope with the original endorsement, endorsed across the seal.