Loan Periods, Disbursements, & Refunds
When will the loan funds disburse?
Listed below are the earliest possible dates* in which the loans disburse from the lender to the school.
The refund process will begin within two weeks of loan disbursement. For information regarding the timing of your refund for living expenses, please refer to the Refunds section above.
|Summer 2020 (Fertitta only)||7/1/20|
|Focused MBA (Fashion & Luxury and Tech MBA)|
|Executive MBA NY|
|Executive MBA DC Class of 2021|
|Executive MBA DC Class of 2022|
|MS in Business Analytics|
|MS in Risk Management|
|MS in Quantitative Management|
|MS in Accounting||
|BS/MS in Accounting|
|Advanced Certificate in Law and Business|
* The first disbursement will be approximately ten days before the start of your first class.
What is a loan period?
A loan period reflects the portion of the academic year for which the loan is requested.
|Program||Summer 2020||Fall 2020||Spring 2021|
|Full-Time MBA||7/7/20 - 8/7/20 (Fertitta)||9/2/20 - 12/17/20||1/4/21 - 5/18/21|
|Focused MBA (Fashion & Luxury and Tech MBA)||N/A||N/A||1/4/21 - 5/18/21|
|Langone MBA||5/20/20 - 9/13/20||9/21/20 - 12/19/20||1/4/21 - 5/10/21|
|Executive MBA NY||5/15/20 - 8/15/20||8/16/20 - 12/25/20||1/1/21 - 5/13/21|
|Executive MBA DC Class of 2021||5/1/20 - 7/19/20||8/8/20 - 11/14/20||11/15/20 - 5/13/21|
|Executive MBA DC Class of 2022||N/A||8/17/20 - 2/12/21||2/13/21 - 8/6/21|
|MS in Business Analytics||5/18/20 - 9/13/20||9/14/20 - 12/31/20||1/3/21 - 4/19/21|
|MS in Risk Management||5/18/20 - 9/14/20||9/15/20 - 1/3/21||1/4/21 - 5/1/21|
|MS in Quantitative Management||5/11/20 - 7/30/20||8/16/20 - 12/19/20||1/04/21 - 4/22/21|
|MS in Accounting||N/A||9/2/20 - 12/19/20||2/1/21 - 5/18/21|
|BS/MS in Accounting||5/27/20 - 8/16/20||N/A||N/A|
|Advanced Certificate in Law and Business||6/15/20 - 7/24/20||N/A||N/A|
|Advanced Certificate||5/20/20 - 9/13/20||9/21/20 - 12/19/20||1/4/21 - 5/0/21|
How does the school receive the loan funds?
- In compliance with federal policy, all loan funds are disbursed directly to the Bursar.
- The federal government, along with most private lenders, disburse loan funds via an electronic funds transfer (EFT) system. Only in special cases where a paper check is used, will you be notified by the Bursar to come and endorse the check.
- Loan funds received in excess of your total charges will be refunded to you, either by check or via direct deposit. Please note that the refund process begins within two weeks of loan disbursement.
- If you have received a social security number after enrolling at NYU, please update it with Stern Records and Registration. The loan funds cannot be applied properly if your social security number is missing or is incorrect.
How does the refund process work?
- Student loan funds received by NYU beyond the Bursar bill will be returned to you in the form of a refund.
- Refunds are processed after loan funds have been received by the Bursar and credited to your account.
- The refund process usually begins within two weeks of the loan disbursement. Please see disbursement dates for details on when your loan will disburse.
- We encourage you to sign up for direct deposit in order to have your refund deposited directly into your personal bank account.
- If you do not have direct deposit, the refund check will be mailed to your local address. You may update your address via the Registrar's Address Change Form or directly on NYU Albert.
- Due to the high volume of refunds at the beginning of each semester, we strongly recommend that you have sufficient funds to cover living expenses for at least your first month of classes for all semesters.