Information for ParticipantsAre you interested in making up to $20 per hour participating in surveys? The NYU Stern Center for Behavioral Research is recruiting participants who are interested in completing paid research opportunities at NYU and online!
Who can participate?
- Anyone over the age of 18 is allowed to sign up for a participant account.
- Once you’re registered as a participant, you will receive regular Study Announcement emails every time there is a new research opportunity.
- No you do not, anyone can sign up! Non-NYU participants can sign up, by creating their own User ID ending with @nyu.edu (e.g., “email@example.com”) and entering that in the User ID field on the account request form linked above. After creating their account, non-NYU participants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and self-created User ID, and the email address you would like to receive Study Announcements at.
- Most studies run at the Center for Behavioral Research consist of short questionnaires and surveys. A majority of research focuses on decision-making, consumer behavior, or opinions on social issues. Many participants find the studies interesting and fun. None of our studies involve physical exertion or medical procedures.
- Most studies last 15-30 minutes, but this can vary. Details about duration will be included in every Study Announcement email.
- Occasionally, some studies require participants to come to the Center to participate. For most of our research opportunities, however, participation takes place online. Once you sign up for a study, you will simply be emailed a link and instructions to participate.
- You may be paid in cash, gift cards (e.g., Amazon.com gift cards), or by being entered in a drawing for one or more prizes. Form and amount of payment varies by study. Payment information will be included in every Study Announcement email.