A Community as Global as Our Location
NYU Stern is proud to have diverse voices represented in our classrooms.
The NYU Stern community is as global as our New York location. Over a third of our students hold international citizenship and we are proud to have these voices represented in our classrooms. As part of the Global Network University, NYU offers a variety of resources and programs to help our international students succeed. Members of numerous offices including the Office of Career Development, Office of Student Engagement, and Office of Global Services work together to help our international students thrive in New York City and upon graduation.
NYU Stern's 2-year Full-time MBA and Andre Koo Technology & Entrepreneurship MBA programs are STEM designated degree programs. For detailed information on eligibility and procedure please visit STEM OPT information on the Office of Global Services website.
Meet Members of our International Student Community
Matias Ferraro, MBA 2020
"[Community] has been my favorite part of my whole Stern experience. The community here is unique. When people talk about the IQ + EQ value, you really understand the meaning once you are here. My favorite activities so far at school were all surrounded by people from the Stern community. These include: Soccer Tournament in Austin, Passport Day, LABA parties, and - my favorite - Stern Speaks."
Nitisha Bhatia, MBA 2020
"When I was looking at business schools, I had a few criteria in mind. NYU stood out to me because it had a great alumni network ... being in New York, you have exposure to so much in terms of industry and meeting new people... I have had opportunities that I wouldn't have had in another place."
Munashe Makava, MBA 2017
"Being in Zimbabwe, it was always hard to see certain possibilities. So Stern helped me significantly in terms of bridging this aspiration that I had to where I am now. It was a place that really helped open my mind and see things that I really didn't think of before."
Community at Stern: International Clubs
International students make up over 30% of Stern's student body. Join members of international affinity clubs to hear about their experience finding community at Stern. Hosted live: 12/4/19.
Student Clubs and Organizations
Our international students are involved on campus and lead organizations including the following:
- Asian Business Society strives to promote interest in both the domestic and international Asian business environment.
- European Business Society generates awareness of European business, culture, and politics on campus through events and promotes professional opportunities for students interested in working in Europe and for European students wishing to work in the United States.
- Latin American Business Association acts as a liaison between Latin America and the Stern Community at an academic, corporate, and social level, facilitating and promoting cultural and professional exchange.
- South Asian Business Association serves all students interested in business opportunities, social programs, and networking events related to South Asia.
- Stern in Africa is dedicated to providing the Stern and NYU communities with increased exposure to business and investment opportunities in Africa, and enhancing awareness of Africa's growing economies.
Resources for Students & Applicants
- Office of Global Services (OGS) offers programs and guidance related to everything from your first visit to campus to the visa application process. View the OGS International Student Guide.
- Career Workshops for International Students: Stern offers a number of programs to help our international students succeed, including seminars on immigration law and interactive workshops on cover letter writing and networking in preparation for the recruiting season. Stern has a staff member dedicated to working with international students within the Office of Career Development.
- Passport Day: This annual student event exemplifies Stern's community spirit and global focus and is one of Stern's most popular events. Passport Day brings to life the rich benefits of NYU Stern's internationally diverse student body and provides an opportunity for students to showcase their countries and culture through traditional cuisine, costumes, music and performances. This past year's event featured over 35 countries.