Credit Overload (Full-Time students only)
(Langone students: please see Acceleration)
On an exceptional basis, full-time students will be permitted to take up to three credits above the 15 credit maximum. Students may take all three credits in one semester or two semesters with a 1.5 credit overload. Credit Overloads are not permitted in the first semester.
Approved Credit Overloads will be applied after the lottery during the drop/add period to be fair to all students without overloads and provide equal opportunity to students for course selection. All grades from the previous semester must be submitted and posted before Academic Affairs and Advising will consider a Credit Overload.
Eligibility: Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be in good academic standing to be approved for a Credit Overload.
Students must understand and agree to the following policies:
- Good Academic Standing
- To be considered for a credit overload, students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Full-Time Course Load
- A full-time course load is 12-15 credits per semester.
- Students must follow the requirements for the full-time program outlined in their first semester.
- In order to maintain full-time status, Students must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits every semester.
- Credits per Semester
- Students may overload for a total of three (3) credits only:
- 18 credits in one semester; OR
- 16.5 credits in two semesters.
- Tuition and Fees
- Full-Time students pay flat rate tuition and fees for four semesters of study.
- Standard tuition refund and scholastic standing policies are in effect regardless of credit load
- If students withdraw from any additional credits after the 100% tuition refund date, they will not be eligible to request a credit overload in a subsequent semester.
- Per point tuition is charged for any credits above 63.
- Change of status from Full-Time to Langone may result in additional pro-rated tuition charges for all credits taken towards the MBA.
- Increased Workload
- Students should be prepared for a very challenging workload. Students are expected to adhere to all drop deadlines as outlined by the Office of Records and Registration here.
- Course Completion Plan
- Students must submit a written academic plan on how they intend to complete their course work.
- Lottery Implications
- Students are only permitted to lottery for a maximum of 15 credits per semester and the total of 60 overall credits.
- Approved Course Overloads will be applied after the lottery during the drop/add period to be fair to all students without overloads and provide equal opportunity to students for course selection.
- Any additional credits above 60 (see Free Course), must be added during the add/drop period.
Process to apply for a Credit Overload:
- Apply for a credit overload through our Credit Overload site. Please note that these requests will be processed once all grades have been submitted and the lottery has ended.
- Request will be reviewed.
- Students will be notified of approval by Academic Affairs and Advising at the end of the lottery period.
- Credit Limit will be raised accordingly.
- Additional Credits may be added after the lottery during the Drop/Add period.