Stern Dean's List is intended to recognize academic achievement by students who are enrolled in Stern's Full-time MBA program or Stern's Langone Part-time MBA program. Effective Fall 2014, NYU Stern will recognize academic distinction at (up to) four points in a student's Full-time or Langone Part-time MBA program.
The designation of Dean's List is based on grades earned within the evaluation period and does not include grades received prior to that period. The grade point average for courses taken during the evaluation period must be at least 3.7000 (NYU Stern does not round up). A student who has any outstanding grade(s) of incomplete at the time evaluation-period GPAs are computed will not be eligible for Dean's List designation for that evaluation period.
- Grades received for course enrollments for Fall semester of the first year (or Summer and Fall for Summer Start students)
- Grades received for course enrollments for Spring semester of the first year
- Grades received for course enrollments for Fall semester of the second year
- Remaining grades received for course enrollments to completion of the program (for most full-time students this is for Spring semester of the second year).
- Grades received during the first semesters up to the semester that includes the 15th credit of course enrollments (this is the first program quarter)
- Grades received during the next semesters up to the one that includes the 30th credit of course enrollments (second program quarter)
- Grades received during the next semesters up to the one that includes the 45th credit of course enrollment (third program quarter)
- Grades received for course enrollments for the remaining semesters to completion of the program (fourth program quarter)
- "Semester" (or "term") refers to a course enrollment period. The Fall semester includes all Fall-enrollment courses, including January DBi courses that extend into January or early February. The Spring semester includes all Spring enrollment courses, including May DBi courses that extend into late May or early June. The Summer semester includes the Summer I module, the Summer II module, and the late summer intensive period.
- Generally, a full-time dual degree student will be eligible for Stern Dean's List designation up to three times, at the end of each semester when in residence at Stern.
- A student who participates in Study Abroad will not be eligible for Stern Dean's List designation for that semester or program quarter. (The semester's courses taken at the partner school are not Stern courses and are recorded as pass or No Credit at Stern, so a Stern GPA for that semester is not meaningful.)
- A student who earns credits by taking one or more courses through the Outgoing Visiting Students program will not be eligible for Stern Dean's List for the semester (or program quarter, e.g., the final quarter before graduation) in which they are enrolled in these non-NYU courses.
- For a student who enrolls in an official Summer Program at a partner school, the program does not otherwise affect eligibility (e.g., for all four semesters or program quarters of MBA study at Stern), and the grades earned (from the other school) in that program do not count toward the GPA for Stern Dean's List.
- A student who is enrolled at another school and is attending Stern as an incoming partner exchange student or a visiting student is not eligible for Stern Dean's List.
- Stern reserves the right to make modifications to this program and to make decisions about specific unusual student situations.
*Prior to 2014, the academic distinction was called "Stern Scholar" and recognized academic achievement (3.7 GPA and higher) after students completed 30 credits or more in their program.
Beta Gamma Sigma