Change of Academic Status

  • Any time there are changes in your credit hours, you should notify the Stern Graduate Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. Failure to do so may result in problems and delays in receiving your financial aid. This refers to when you add and/or drop a course. There may also be a large effect on your loan eligibility.
  • As of Fall 2019, you must always maintain a minimum of 4.5 credit hours for each semester to be eligible for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.
  • To withdraw from a class or from the school entirely, you should contact the Registrar's Office. Make sure to contact the Bursar regarding any withdrawal fees that may be applicable, as well as the Financial Aid Office regarding your financial aid.