- Original receipts required and should reflect how payment was made. If cash is used, indicate that on the receipt.
- Organize receipts by expense category and then by date.
- Check scan quality before attaching to request.
- Any memos or Missing Doc forms must be signed by the payee, not the initiator.
- Attach signed Missing/Inadequate Doc form for any unitemized, missing, or unreadable receipt. NYU advises schools “to review habitual inability to provide original receipts and other appropriate documentation.”
- One trip per request and one request per trip
- Reimbursements should be submitted within 60 days of incurring the expense. Trip expenses must be submitted within 60 days from the end date of the trip. Any STARS expense submitted after September 30th of the subsequent academic year will not be reimbursed.