BS in Business/BFA in Film and Television Degree Requirements
Learn the Fundamentals of Business and Film/ TV from Two Top Programs
If you have a passion for film and television, and an interest in the business aspects of these industries, the Stern-Tisch BS/BFA is designed for you! It is open to first-year students and sophomores currently enrolled in either the BS in Business program at Stern or the Kanbar Department of Undergraduate Film and Television at Tisch. The dual degree requires:
- 160 Credits
- Approximately 10 semesters (5 Years)
Application Process and Considerations
The 2023-2024 Dual Degree application will open mid-October 2023. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2024.
Fall information sessions have concluded. A recording of the Fall 2023 information session can be found here.
Last Chance Q&A: Tuesday, February 13, 3-4:30 PM ET
- Zoom-in to get your last minute application questions answered before the deadline!
Keep in Mind:
- Stern-Specific Requirements: In addition to the main application requirements, Stern applicants also submit a creative portfolio.
- Selection Process: Following the initial review of the applications, competitive candidates are asked to attend an interview with members of the admissions committee composed of administrators and faculty from both programs. Final decisions are made and communicated in mid-to-late March.
- Tuition: Once admitted and matriculated, all students enrolled in the BS/-BFA program will pay tuition and fees at the Tisch rate every semester, regardless of course selection or originating school.
Explore the BS/BFA Dual Degree Curriculum
Once enrolled in the Dual Degree program, you will be required to complete the full set of requirements for both the Stern BS in Business Degree and the Tisch Undergraduate Film and Television BFA degree. There is some overlap in how certain core requirements and electives are counted. For a full overview of the requirements, please review the curriculum worksheets:
Interested in Learning More?
- Sign up for the BS/BFA Email List!
- Contact Stern Professor Paul Hardart or Jessie Rosenzweig in the Undergraduate Advising Office to learn more about the BS/BFA program and get your curricular questions answered.
- Reach out directly to the Tisch UGFTV Admissions team for questions about admissions and your creative portfolio.