BS in Business/BFA in Film and Television
Learn the Fundamentals of Business and Film/ TV from Two Top Programs
If you have a passion for film and television, and an interest in the business aspects of these industries, the Stern-Tisch BS/BFA is designed for you! It is open to first-year students and sophomores currently enrolled in either the BS in Business program at Stern or the Kanbar Department of Undergraduate Film and Television at Tisch. The dual degree requires:
- 160 Credits
- Approximately 10 semesters (5 Years)
Application Process and Considerations
The 2022 Dual Degree application will open in October 2021, with a deadline of Feb. 15, 2022.
Online Info Sessions:
Monday, Oct. 18 @ 1pm ET
Tuesday, Nov. 9 @ 12:30pm ET
- Information sessions: Each fall, you will have the opportunity to attend one of four BS/BFA Program information sessions hosted jointly by both Stern and Tisch UGFTV to learn more about the program curriculum and the application process. Dates, times and locations are made available in the Stern Weekly, emails and on Stern Life.
- Application Deadline: Applications are due in mid-February and grant entrance as a dual degree transfer for the following Fall semester.
- Stern-Specific Requirements: In addition to the main application requirements, Stern applicants also submit a creative portfolio.
- Selection Process: Following the initial review of the applications, competitive candidates are asked to attend an interview with members of the admissions committee composed of administrators and faculty from both programs. Final decisions are made and communicated in mid-to-late March.
- Tuition: Once admitted and matriculated, all students enrolled in the BS/-BFA program will pay tuition and fees at the Tisch rate every semester, regardless of course selection or originating school.
Explore the BS/BFA Dual Degree Curriculum
Once enrolled in the Dual Degree program, you will be required to complete the full set of requirements for both the Stern BS in Business Degree and the Tisch Undergraduate Film and Television BFA degree. There is some overlap in how certain core requirements and electives are counted. For a full overview of the requirements, please review the curriculum worksheets: