Computing & Data Science Concentration RequirementsTo declare a concentration in Computing & Data Science, you must fill out the concentration declaration form on Stern Life
Required Functional Business Core Course:
- Information Technology in Business and Society (TECH-UB 1)
You are required to complete 12 credits of upper-level marketing courses that consist of:
- Any four (4) approved Computing & Data Science Electives
Approved Computing & Data Science Elective Options
- Any “TECH-UB” elective
- Decision Models & Analytics (MULT-UB 7)
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty (MULT-UB 16)
- Tech Industry Drivers (MULT-UB 57)
- Foundations of Fintech (MULT-UB 80)
- Decision Analytics for Sports (OPMG-UB 54)
- Regression & Multivariate Data Analysis (STAT-UB 17)
- Forecast Time Series (STAT-UB 18)
Additional Notes and ResourcesA Stern elective course may satisfy only one concentration requirement. For example, Decision Models & Analytics can count as a CDS concentration elective OR as an operations concentration elective, but it cannot satisfy both requirements. You may import one non-Stern computer science elective to count for the CDS concentration:
- If you took CSCI-UA 2/3 (Introduction to Computer Programming), prior to spring 2021, you can import this class to count for the CDS concentration. However, this class cannot be counted together with TECH-UB 23 towards the requirements for the concentration, as they have substantial overlap.
- CSCI-UA 102 (Data Structures) can be imported as it does not overlap in content with other Stern courses.
- Other Computer Science courses with permission of the faculty adviser.
- CSCI-UA 4 (Introduction to Web Design and Computer Principles) does not count towards the Computing & Data Science concentration.
- Explore the Business Analytics track to supplement your concentration with additional coursework in tech, statistics, and math.
Meet with a Peer Mentor
Speak with juniors and seniors with knowledge and experience in a wide range of popular industries.Meet with a peer mentor
Meet with a Faculty Adviser
Talk more about this coursework as well as academic or professional pathways in this field.Meet with a faculty adviser
Meet with an Academic Adviser
Plan your concentration and degree.MEET WITH AN ACADEMIC ADVISER