Marketing Concentration RequirementsTo declare a concentration in Marketing, you must fill out the concentration declaration form in Stern Life.
Required Functional Business Core Course:
- Introduction to Marketing (MKTG-UB 1)
You are required to complete at least 12 credits of upper-level marketing courses that consist of:
- Consumer Behavior (MKTG-UB 2
- Research for Customer Insights (MKTG-UB 9)
- Six (6) credits of any approved marketing electives
Approved Marketing Elective Options
- Marketing for Impact: Strategies for Sustainable Business (BSPA-UB 51)
- Competitive Analysis (ECON-UB 15)
- Social Media & Digital Marketing (TECH UB 38)
- Decision Models & Analytics (MULT-UB 7)
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty (MULT-UB 16)
- The Middle East: Culture, Markets & Strategy (MULT UB 45)
- Tech Industry Drivers (MULT-UB 57)
- Fashion Industry: Creativity & Business (MULT-UB 145)
- The Dynamics of the Fashion Industry (MULT-UB 151)
- Business Simulation (MULT-UB 302)
Additional Notes and Resources
- A Stern elective course may satisfy only one concentration requirement. For example, Competitive Analysis can count as an advanced marketing elective or as a Business Economics elective, but it cannot satisfy both requirements.
- If you are interested in marketing research, you are encouraged to consider a secondary concentration in Statistics.
- Explore the Digital Marketing and Luxury Marketing tracks to help you supplement your concentration with coursework in specific areas of marketing.
Meet with a Peer Mentor
Speak with juniors and seniors with knowledge and experience in a wide range of popular industries.Meet with a Peer Mentor
Meet with a Faculty Adviser
Talk more about this coursework as well as academic or professional pathways in this field.Meet with a Faculty Adviser
Meet with an Academic Adviser
Plan your concentration and degree.Meet with an Academic Adviser