About Nanyang Technological University
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a research-intensive university with globally acknowledged strengths in science and engineering. Founded in 1955 with funds from millionaires down to the humble trishaw rider, NTU began as Nanyang University, a university created by the people, for the people. The 200-hectare residential campus, located in the south-western part of Singapore, provides a high-quality global education to more than 23,000 undergraduates and 10,000 graduate students. The student body includes top scholars and international olympiad medallists from the region and beyond. The original Yunnan Garden campus is now a cosmopolitan hub and NTU has a presence in other parts of Singapore, and in China, Europe, India and the United States. NTU aspires to nurture entrepreneurial leaders through a broad education in diverse disciplines. Today, it is ranked among the top 26 technology universities in the world and well within the top 100 among comprehensive universities.
NTU offers IBEX opportunities in the fall and spring semesters.
- Fall semester (Semester 1): early-August to early-December
- Spring semester (Semester 2): mid-January to mid-May
Dates are approximate and may be subject to change.
Housing and Living Costs
- Housing: On-campus accommodation is limited. Exchange students may be allocated to on-campus accommodations based on availability and students must apply via NTU’s online portal before the deadline to be eligible. On-campus accommodation ranges between S$235 – 405/month (varies by room type).
- Food: approximately S$300 – S$400/month.
- Books and class materials: approximately S$200 – 500/semester.
- Local transportation: S$100/month.
- Personal expenses: S$200 – 400/month.
- Insurance: All exchange students are required to purchase the NTU Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) approximately S$40/semester.
S$ = Singapore Dollar
Language of Instruction
- NTU has more than 100 clubs and societies, including the NTU Heritage club and the NTU Outdoor Adventure Club.
- The GEM (Global Education & Mobility) Club, a student-run initiative, helps to create positive experiences for inbound and outbound exchange students by planning events and excursions and organizing a buddy program.