Room SetupsChoosing the right room set-up will help facilitate the flow of your event. When thinking about where to hold your event, consider the following:
- Audience (type and number)
- Room size
- Audio Visual Needs
- Registration/Check In Location
- Coat Racks
Below are sample room arrangements that can be used as a guide when thinking about your event.
- Theater Style: This setup is rows of chairs, all facing the front of the room and is typically used for a lecture
- Classroom Style: Similar to theater style, with the addition of tables on which the attendees can take notes and place materials
- Banquet Style: This setup uses round tables with chairs around; a common setup for food functions
- U Shaped: This is the hollow square setup with one side open
- Conference/Hollow Square: Tables are placed to form a square with chairs setup along the outer perimeter of the tables
- Reception: This setup consists of several cocktail standing tables around the room
The Virtual EMS can give you more detail on classroom and event space at Stern. To view information on event spaces such as occupant capacity, features, and space photos, click on "Browse Facilities" under "Browse" in the menu bar. Contact your Event Consultant to review details regarding your event arrangements and logistics.