Visiting Students - Outgoing
Students who have completed their Stern Core course work and will be transferring outside of a 200 mile radius of New York City may be allowed to complete course work at another AACSB accredited graduate business school. Approval is given on a case-by-case basis. The following conditions must be met in order to be considered:
- The student will need to complete Stern’s minimum residency requirement of completing 45 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (but not prior to relocation – students may return to Stern to complete any outstanding credits).
- The student has met all Stern Core requirements at Stern prior to relocation. Courses taken outside of Stern may not count towards any Stern specializations. Specializations must be completed with course work taken at Stern.
- The institution the student is planning to attend must be an AACSB accredited graduate business school. For a complete list of AACSB schools refer to the website www.aacsb.edu or call the AACSB office at (314) 872-8481.
- Students must maintain continuous matriculation at Stern until their degree program is completed. To maintain matriculation, students must pay the fee for each Fall and Spring semester in which they are not enrolled in any credit course work at Stern. If able to enroll in a Winter Intensive course, students will not be required to maintain matriculation for that Spring semester. Please see the Leave of Absence policy for further information on maintaining matriculation.
- If graduating, students must file an Application for Degree form with the Office of Records & Registration in the beginning of the semester in which all degree course work will be completed. The deadlines for filing this form are listed on the top of the form on the Office of Records and Registration Web site: http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/registrar/gradinfo.cfm?doc_id=658.
To Receive Transfer Credit
- Student should first speak with MBA Academic Affairs for guidelines on transfer credit process.
- Student must submit an acceptance letter from the host institution to the appropriate advising office.
For course approval, the student must provide a course description and syllabus of each course that the student intends to take. The advising office must approve the content of each course.
The assignment of Stern credits is based on contact hours (the number of hours the course meets). To count as three Stern credits, a course must meet at least 36 hours. To count as 1.5 Stern credits, a course must meet for at least 18 hours.
The student must receive a "B-" or better in each of the courses. Upon completion of all courses, the student must submit an official transcript to MBA Academic Affairs.
Grades earned for transfer credit will not be calculated into the Stern GPA.