Visiting Students - Outgoing
Students who have completed their Stern Core course work and will be transferring outside of a 200 mile radius of New York City may be allowed to complete elective course work at another AACSB accredited graduate business school. Approval is given on a case-by-case basis. The following requirements apply:
To Receive Transfer Credit
- The minimum residency requirement of 45 credits at Stern with a minimum GPA of 2.5 must be met.
- The "Stern Core" requirements must be completed at Stern prior to relocation.
- All "Stern Core" (not "Langone Core") courses must be taken at Stern.
- Electives taken outside of Stern may not count towards any Stern specializations. Only Stern electives may count towards a Stern specialization.
- Online courses are not permitted to count towards the Stern MBA program requirements and will not be considered or approved.
- Courses must be taken at an AACSB accredited graduate business school. For a complete list of AACSB schools refer to the website www.aacsb.edu or call the AACSB office at (314) 872-8481.
- You must maintain matriculation at Stern while you are completing your degree requirements by applying for a Leave of Absence.
- An Application for Degree form must be completed in the beginning of the semester in which all degree course work will be completed.
- You should first speak with a program advisor in MBA Academic Affairs for guidelines on the Outgoing Student course approval process.
- You must obtain an acceptance letter from the host institution and submit it to MBA Academic Affairs.
- You must submit a course description and syllabus with lecture topics and deliverables for each intended course to MBA Academic Affairs for approval prior to registering for a course.
- Online courses are not permitted to count towards the Stern MBA degree requirements and will not be approved.
- The assignment of Stern credits is based on contact hours (the number of hours the course meets). To count as three Stern credits, a course must meet at least 36 hours. To count as 1.5 Stern credits, a course must meet for at least 18 hours.
- A passing grade must be achieved in order to receive Stern credit.
- Upon successful completion of courses, the student must submit an official transcript to MBA Academic Affairs.
- Grades earned for transfer credit are not calculated into the Stern GPA.